Saturday, October 18, 2008

Come Together

It all started when I saw a framed photo of a mum, dad and their two kids (all of whom I did not recognise) at my parent's place. My mum is not one to frame pictures willy nilly so I figured it must be someone important. I took another look and then realised that it was Richard's daughter, her husband and their two kids. Wow, I hadn't seen these people for 10 years and if I passed them on the street would I even recognise them now?

We used to have an extended family annual golf tournament which seemed to have died out. I decided it was time I saw these people again and that a spot of friendly competition wouldn't go amiss. It took about 3 months to finally all settle on a date for the Mackenzie/Watson/Singer/Hinge Bowlarama, but I am glad I persevered. My team managed to win with the highest average of 90 (which I think isn't really that impressive, but certainly better than another team's whose average was 60!)

It was a really good day, and good to see everyone again after so long. Toddlers were now teenagers, adult children now taking on their parent's mannerisms even more, there was good food, good conversation and good sun. Hopefully the enjoyment of this day will motivate everyone to come to next year's gig. Croquet I am thinking . . .

No comments: